Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's OK to dream

I seem to be going on and on about dreams this week. I guess it is my 'Dream Week'. The truth is dreaming is a gift. Or rather, dreaming the right way. Sure, there is a right way to dream.

This is daring to dream even while working towards that dream. There are two terrible extremes: The first is the inability to dream; the second is the ability to do nothing else.

I envy kids a lot. A kid dreams of flying, he'll go climb a tree. She dreams of being a princess, she pesters her mum for a tiara - or makes a paper crown.

There needs to be a balance between just dreaming and at least an attempt to realise that dream. Achieving that balance is the challenge.

If you come back to this blog next week, I'll post something on realising your dreams.

No comments:

Are you a good person?