Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Rest

Today, Iris who hosts the TT meme at Sting My Heart picked 'Rest' as her theme for this week's TT. And it's so apt. This week has been quite rough for me and I do have a lot to be thankful for.


  • I have had three attacks of wheezing and breathlessness since November, 2007. I could not understand just what the problem was. Well, this week I was diagnosed with asthma, it is a fresh occurrence. I am thankful that I finally know what was causing the attacks. I am also grateful to God for the prayers and encouragement of friends.


  • I have been able to rest in the arms of my father. I am thankful that I can relax and know that God is in control of my life and my health.


  • I run a monthly ezine. Compiling it and sending it out each month is a lot of work and is especially challenging. I learn so much from the process. The theme for the next issue is Achieving Your Dreams. One thing I learnt is that God has a plan for each and everyone of us and it should be my life's dream to achieve that plan. I am so thankful for that reassurance. I know I can rest in the knowledge that God's thoughts for me are of good to bring me to an expected end.



6 comments:

Tanja said...

So funny... I'm learning this right now as well... "God has a plan for each and everyone of us and it should be my life's dream to achieve that plan." That is just good stuff! Thanks for sharing. Oh, BTW, my grandpa turns 90 next month! :-)

bp said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you figured out the cause of your attacks and can have some relief from that.

Denise said...

I praise God for helping you to find out what the problem was, may you begin to feel better now.

Susan said...

Hi Tanja,

So nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by today.

Oh, to find rest on our Father's arms, how wonderful!

Blessings to you this TT♥

Anonymous said...

God allowed me to rest in His peace because months back i was just feeling awful. my bills were piling up and i didn't have enough to pay them on time. i was crying my heart out to God. then He blessed me with these. i have also been praying and asking God for something. i believe that He'll also let me rest in peace... again... because He's just going to send back the one i've been asking God for for a long time now. please do remember me and my husband in prayer. God bless you.

eph2810 said...

Wow - I am glad that the doctors were able to determine what your health issue is.
It is true - God has placed a dream in our hearts - and He will help us to make dreams reality.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Are you a good person?